Monday, August 15, 2011

Talking

In the last few weeks Brody & Ty have been little chatterboxes. They have suddenly just started saying so many words I can't even count them all. They imitate all sorts of words and phrases they hear. The ones that make me laugh the most are "Oh boy," "Ah geez," "Holy Moly," and "No way José." They still say "Nih Nih" for Hunter, "Unc Unc" for Uncle Mark and they use signs for certain things like kitty and cracker vs. attempting those words (I think out of habit mostly). They have started to put little baby sentences together like "Bye Bye Daddy" and "Big Owiy" (Owie) but their spacing of words is very deliberate and cute. They'll say "bye bye" together but wait a second or two before saying the second word like "Daddy." They both know their names and can say them but when they first started saying "Brody" it sounded more like "Boobie." They also know when they are being funny and will say "Stinker!" because that's what I call them when they are trying to get away with something naughty (but not too naughty). It's so cute! I love this age!!

1 comment:

  1. Deuce has started saying some words recently too, which is cute and fun. He loves saying "bye bye". And since we've had Josie in speech therapy, she's been talking a lot more. She repeats things a lot more too, so I gotta watch my mouth! This evening I said to Justin, "Sorry Babe" (for something minor) and Josie repeated that a couple times. It just sounds really funny coming from a 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete