Sunday, October 30, 2011

Stitches

I got a phone call the other morning from John asking if I had talked to the school. Confused, I said, "no, why?" He proceded to tell me that the school nurse had been trying to reach me for the last half hour because Hunter had had an accident while walking into school. Apparently he wasn't paying attention to where he was going and had walked into the gym door and split his eyebrow open. I felt like the worst mother in the world for leaving him in the nurses office for that long with no response! We got new cell phones about a month ago and I never hear it ring. We hadn't had a land-line hooked up yet and were doing a trial run with just using our cells as our home phone. After this episode John called the phone company to hook one up. When I arrived at his school and saw the damage I didn't even think he'd need to be checked out but the nurse said it would be a good idea. She had put on two little butterfly bandages and the cut seemed to be holding together nicely. After calling the doctor's office from the car to see if they could put stitches in if needed they referred me to urgent care. So off we went! When the doctor took off his bandages I realized the cut was pretty deep. In the end Hunter needed two stitches and I learned that keeping four little boys entertained for several hours in the ER is tricky business.

No comments:

Post a Comment