Sunday, March 23, 2014

Worst Pinewood Derby ever!

Can you tell I have a few moments to update my blog?  Three posts in two days is not my norm!  I'm on a scrapbooking retreat right now and have three child-free days to scrapbook, sleep and pretty much do whatever my little heart desires.  I do this twice a year and it is blissful.  Unfortunately some of these posts are out of order but I'm just catching up on whatever comes to mind at the moment.

So...Pinewood Derby this year was interesting. 




Those who were in charge were having trouble getting the the computer used to time the cars to sync with the track.  This wasn't discovered until everyone had already eaten pizza and was ready to begin.  The Scouts and families were sitting around waiting for this problem to be fixed for about an hour.  Everyone was pretty restless.  Luckily the Girl Scouts were there earning their babysitting badge and had brought along a toy track that they had set up like their own little Pinewood Derby.  This kept Tyler, Brody and Greyson pretty happy and busy.  They never ended up getting the computer to work and had to go "old-school" and time the cars manually.  Hunter earned a medal for coming in 2nd place.



At the end of the event Mr. Dutelle asked what the boys thought of the Pinewood Derby and extended the mic out for comment.  Hunter has never been a shy one.  He leaned in and announced to the crowd, "Well actually this was the worst Pinewood Derby ever because of all the technical difficulties and we all had to wait around forever."  Everyone kind of laughed at this and I thought it was pretty funny, including me.  And then he kept going on and on about it...not as funny.  Speaking in front of large groups has never been a fear of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment