Friday, May 13, 2011

One week later...

I have had a week to digest the news of the addition of a fourth boy to our family and I'm feeling better about it. I know this must be happening for a reason and frankly, I don't have time to feel sorry for myself any longer, with mouths to feed, papers to correct, people to serve, a house to clean, a garden to put in, lessons to plan, laundry to do...you would not even believe the amount of laundry in this house. And it's about to get even worse! I re-read my last blog entry and wish I could take some of what I said back. I don't want this baby to ever think that I don't love him or didn't want him. I also don't want to trade everything I've ever wanted or will want for a girl. That would mean I would trade the health of Tyler and Brody away. With that risky pregnancy I wanted healthy babies more than anything and prayed for that for so many months. I could never imagine my life without them as they are. They bring me such immense joy. They, along with Hunter, have been the best distraction I could have hoped for and lucky for me they have been extra cute and funny lately. The other day Brody was in his time-out chair and Tyler went over and unstrapped him, setting him free! Little stinkers! I couldn't help laughing at that!! And Hunter had his Spring Concert last night and was the cutest boy on stage for sure!!! The K5 class all sang "All Star" by The Barenaked Ladies but with some changed lyrics to make it sweeter and they all dressed in baseball gear and had motions to go along with their song. I was eating up every second. Life moves on. I'm not saying that every time I see a cute little girl all dressed up that I won't feel sad about not having a daughter. I doubt that feeling of loss will ever go away. But my boys are special blessings that I will always cherish...all four of them.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, thinking of you a lot this past week-ish. I have three boys and one daughter. When I had the boys (the first two) I seemed to be the only one in our crowd with boys. I figured I was meant to just have boys and that was fine. Then we had Kate and she is wonderful and special and I suspect a lot of the things you've imagined a daughter would bring to your family. But, let me remind you of this. When our fourth child.. a boy arrived...I was reminded all over again that there is nothing, absolutely nothing that compares to what I call "boy love". Boy love melts my heart in a way that ballet shoes, and fancy dresses, hair ribbons, and such can't. Though I know it can't fill the void you are feeling, this little man you are expecting will forever fill your heart with something special and unique. always. Lots of hugs. cm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. You're right about me feeling grossly outnumbered and imagining what life with a daughter would have brought. I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and comment about boy love. You're right about how special that is and the bond that I have with my boys is helping me come to terms with this feeling of loss.

    ReplyDelete