Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tinkle tinkle!!

Tonight Tyler went pee pee on the potty three times in a row intentionally!! I know you think that's highly unlikely because he isn't even two years old yet but I am not kidding. I am BEYOND excited!!! The interesting thing was it was Brody's idea to try. Brody was pulling at his diaper while I was in there washing my hands and so of course as soon as I got him all set on the training potty Tyler wanted to hop on the "big" potty (normal-sized). He sat there (facing the tank, that's how Hunter trained also) for less than a minute looking down and truly concentrating when he started tinkling a little!! Hunter and Daddy rushed in and we all clapped and he joined in of course. In my opinion that is one of the cutest moments of toddlerhood. Watching how proud he was with his giant smile and little hands all spread wide and clapping together sitting with his little naked butt. It doesn't get much cuter! His reward was an M&M, of which he loved and wanted more. When Hunter told him he would have to earn it by going potty again, he hopped back on and went some more! So he got another M&M and of course wanted more. So he repeated the whole process a third time and went for a long time to finish out the session!

Brody tried but was unsuccessful. He has been very very sick the last few days, with a high fever, runny nose and constant cough so I was surprised that he even had any interest. He has mostly been just lying on someone's shoulder all day today very lifeless and sad. John's parents were in town visiting today so he spent the morning with his little head on Nona's shoulder. Then it was mine. Then he finished out the evening on John's while I took Hunter to Monkey Joe's for his reward for filling his pom pon jar. He barely played at all today. It broke my heart to give Tyler his three M&M's and Brody none when he clearly wanted one too. :( Poor little guy. I just have to keep reminding myself that his time will come. There are many M&M's in his future.

But we are very very proud of our little Ty guy. I'm sure Brody will be close behind once he feels a little better. They both are very interested in the potty and have been for at least a month now, which is why I even have tried putting them on the potty at all. They notice when Hunter is using the bathroom and run in there to watch. In my head I thought it was too early to start but as long as they were interested I wanted to encourage it. We've tried about five times prior to today without much "luck" There were two other times that Tyler did pee but he started peeing on the bathroom floor and I quickly just plopped him up on the potty to finish up. That doesn't count. Tonight was different. Yay Tyler!!!

How nice would it be to have a month or two diaper-free before the new baby comes. I know I am getting ahead of myself but one can hope!

2 comments:

  1. That's GREAT Julie!! And I don't think it's weird at all. Yes, he's young, but I've known tons of parents with children who potty train around 2yrs. Like you said, how awesome would that be if you only had to diaper ONE child in a few months. I have faith, I really think Tyler and Brody are going to do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for Josie to get interested in potty training! 80P

    Good job Tyler!!

    ReplyDelete