Sunday, July 24, 2011

4th of July

I think this might be my favorite picture I've taken this summer. I took this at Jackson Park while we were waiting for the fireworks display to begin. Hunter and I went alone this year because Tyler and Brody are too young to stay up that late and so Daddy stayed behind with them. Hunter went with John and his friend Adam last year so I got to take him this year. We brought all the essentials; blankets, mosquito repellant (Off fans), sparklers, lighter and camera. Unfortunately I melted the lighter shortly after arriving trying to light too many sparklers at once so we had to borrow from someone sitting nearby. Hunter was very excited to light sparklers this year. We've of course enjoyed sparklers with him in years past but he was a little more cautious than he was this year. We had lit some sparklers in our yard the previous night when John's parents were visiting and Hunter seemed more interested in attempting to set fire to things with the sparkler than with the sparkler itself. He tried the grass, the fence (which we had to put a stop to immediately), the tree, sidewalk, you name it. Luckily, he didn't try any of these shenanigans at the park. My main concern was keeping the sparklers a safe distance from other people and their blankets/chairs. Once the display began it took some convincing to stop with the sparklers and enjoy the actual fireworks. I snapped a few pictures in the beginning and then he took over. He's a little camera bug. He took the next 50 and I got in a few at the end. I don't think he saw more than seven or eight fireworks with his naked eye. He was obsessed with capturing his favorite fireworks on film. We had a lot of fun together just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment