Thursday, August 16, 2012

Whew! What a summer!

You can tell how fast this summer has gone.  I haven't blogged since June!  This is hands-down the fastest summer ever.  Hunter started out with a week of a summer school "class" called "Mad Science" followed up with two weeks of "Incredible Edibles" (where he learned how to cook simple recipes) and "Spy Kids."  Then he had two more weeks of "Survivor" and "Chess."  These classes took up our mornings for all of June and half of July (8 a.m. until noon).  Then my family came to visit from Arizona and Florida for two weeks and we did all sorts of fun things with them (more on that later).  Hunter has been taking golf once a week all summer long and was in baseball during June and July (twice a week).  I've decided that next summer we are going to do minimal activities.  I might be hearing, "Mom, I'm bored!" a lot but I'll take the trade off.  Too much running around!  And that's for ONE kid!  I can't imagine what it will be like when all four of them are in sports and activities.  Ay ay ay!  He's been having fun though, no doubt!  With school around the corner I am caught between feeling happy to headed toward a more predictable routine and schedule and sad about sending Hunter away for most of the day five days a week.  I like having him around and am going to miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment