Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hunter is 8!

Hunter had an awesome birthday!  I realize it is almost August and I am just now getting to blog about his birthday in May but at least I'm getting to it nonetheless!  Now let me fish around in my brain for those details...

We got him a basketball hoop (along with Noni & Nona) for his big gift since he was on a team this year and enjoyed it.  He couldn't wait to open the big box.  We made him wait until Daddy got home from work.  He was so excited!  We sang to him after dinner and enjoyed cupcakes.  He got his big cake at the party, which was two Sundays later because Memorial Day falls in there and we thought people would be out of town or busy so we waited to have a good turnout.

For the first time we did not have a home party for him.  We took him to play Lasertag with some friends and neighborhood kids.  The theme was Angry Birds.  I didn't do much other than make the invitations and order the cake.  It was nice but I felt weird like I needed to be doing more.  I always go all out for the parties and this year felt really bizarre.  Regardless they all had a blast, including Tyler, Brody & Greyson who hung out with Nona in the game area.


No comments:

Post a Comment