Monday, July 22, 2013

My morning

This morning Hunter caught me hiding out in my bed reading.  I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet and John told me Hunter and Brody were awake and downstairs.  I could hear they were just playing so I grabbed my book-club book for the month (Gone Girl...amazing if you haven't read it) and started in.  A girl has deadlines.  Book Club is tomorrow and I have 130 pages left.

A few minutes go by and Hunter creeps into my bed, lies down next to me and says, "Mah-ahhmmm!" (that's Mom but with a tiny bit of a whine to it) "Why are you up here reading?"
Me:  You caught me!
Hunter:  But I'm hungry!
Me:  Well then go make yourself some boo-bah (code word for breakfast in our house.  When the twins were little they called breakfast "boo-bah."
Hunter:  (very dramatically) "But I make HORRIBLE boo-bah!  You make the best boo-bah."
Me:  "Ok, what kind of boo-bah you want?"
Then Brody pipes in with, "I want ICE CREAM BOO-BAH!"

Then a little while later when I was on the stairs coming down Hunter comes up to me with the phone and says (again, dramatically), "Brody had the PHONE!"
Me:  "Ok."
Hunter:  "Not Ok!  He could have CALLED 911!"
Brody:  "I didn't call 911!"
Hunter:  "Brody, you have a 61% chance of calling 911!"

No comments:

Post a Comment