Monday, August 31, 2009

Adventure!

Today I took all three boys out on our first outing solo. We spent it at Walgreens and Walmart. Exciting, I know...but we got that first one out of the way. I ran into my good friend Kim (Bessa) at Walmart. She had her four kids and the two babies she sits for with her and made it look effortless. She told me that I'll get there too in time. Actually the trip went very smoothly. Tyler and Brody slept the whole time and Hunter was...well, Hunter (very well-behaved). That double stroller sure is hard to maneuver through the aisles though. My arms were getting a workout just trying to turn it. It was nice to get out of the house. I've prolonged this journey because I have been fearing a double meltdown due to hunger and nursing twins in public is not my idea of fun. The timing went well though. We left shortly after they ate and just as we were pulling up back home they started crying because they were hungry again. Someday they will not be eating every two hours and we can venture out somewhere further I'm sure.

Sleeping is still scarce around here. The only one getting any is Hunter. I envy him and all that energy he has. They did both sleep four straight hours at the same time about a week ago. I got very excited thinking that we had made "the turn" but I guess it was a fluke. As I type John is crashed out on the floor of our living room trying to catch a nap before he takes over for the night shift. He gives one bottle of formula to them a few nights a week so that I can get a good 4-5 hour stretch of sleep. It helps my mood tremendously on those days! I’m getting ready to head off to bed here in a few minutes after the boys are finished eating (nursing right now) and then I’ll be up again at around 3 a.m. to nurse them again. They are 12 weeks old now and I’m wondering when that magical night will happen when we will all be well-rested upon waking.

No comments:

Post a Comment