Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tyler walking!

Tyler is officially walking! Two days ago (August 9th) he took seven or eight steps in a row toward John, who was standing a few feet away holding his hands out and coaxing him toward him while moving slowly backward. It was an awesome moment and one that we will all cherish. Hunter was there too and both were calling to me from the living room (I was in the kitchen cooking dinner) to come and see, "He's walking! He's walking!" It was such a BIG moment for our little guy. He looked really proud of himself. Both boys will walk around if you hold onto their hands but this was hands-free! He was soooooo slow and deliberate about it (of course!) which made it all the more cuter!!

He's getting his second tooth now too. Brody still has none.

I mentioned in my post last time that Tyler turns everything into a phone but I should mention that Brody does now as well. All you have to say is, "Hello? Is anyone there?" and both boys will put whatever they are holding up to their ear. Brody has taken this even further lately by "dialing" the item and babbling what sounds like a question. So cute!

Both boys like to blow raspberries on my shoulder while I'm holding them if I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt. It's sooooo funny! We got Tyler doing it on video yesterday. If I can get both of them doing it at once maybe I'll send it into America's Funniest Home Videos. You never know!!

On a different topic, the other day we were driving around and I looked in our rear-view mirror to see Brody with his foot up near his ear. I laughed and Hunter turned around to see him also. He mused, "Hmmm...Brody's doin' yoga!" This was way too funny to have it not documented. I want to remember that one for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment