Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bleach

I've been wanting to post this story for at least a week now and I'm finally getting around to it now. One night (about a week ago) John started to brush Hunter's teeth before tucking him in and Hunter immediately protested saying, "YUCK! Dad, that tastes TERRIBLE!" John inspected the toothbrush and thought maybe some soap from the dispenser in the bathroom dropped onto it so he went and rinsed it off really well and tried again. Their conversation went something like this:
John: "Is that better?"
Hunter: "Yeah! I think it was the bleach."
John: "Bleach? What bleach?"
Hunter: "This morning I used the bleach pen on the bathroom floor. I read the instructions and it said to use a brush. I didn't have a brush. So I used my toothbrush!"
Ewwwww!!!
Needless to say we got him a new toothbrush. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with organic this and natural that. I do have boys afterall!! John had to relay this story to me by starting with, "He is SO your son! What five-year-old decides out of nowhere that he needs to scrub the bathroom floor UNASKED and doesn't tell a soul about it?" Okay, I'll admit that a little of me is rubbing off on him.

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to send him my way. My bathroom could use a good scrub down. I'll even provide the brush!

    Josie had recently taken a liking to my foot file. I caught her sucking on it! Blech!! Do you know where my feet have been, and all that dead skin? I ended up throwing it away because I caught her with it again. Kids are gross! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA!!! I just read this right now for the first time. Soooo gross! You're right. Kids are DISGUSTING! Tyler and Brody love to get into my tampon boxes and chew on them. Luckily they're brand new from the box. Can you imagine?! ICK!!!

    ReplyDelete