Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big time Kindergartener

I just dropped Hunter off for his first day of Kindergarten not long ago. I cannot believe this day has arrived. Over five years cannot have already passed from when the doctor laid him on my chest and told me "it's a boy!" That went WAY too fast.

He was BEYOND excited. In fact, two days ago he told me "Tomorrow I get to go to Kindergarten!" When I explained that he'd have to wait two days he started crying! I couldn't believe it. Earlier in the week he learned that there is a library at school and by his reaction you would've thought he just found out that he'd been told that we were taking a trip to Disney! What can I say? The kid loves books!
This morning I had no trouble whatsoever waking him up. He jumped out of bed and started telling me about some "really great" dreams he had been having. One was about being at a fun place with trains and waterslides with his buddy Quinny. He wanted to eat breakfast with his backpack on and I agreed that it was a fun idea. I packed his lunch. He requested a tuna fish sandwich, grapes, and bbq chips for a treat. I threw a pickle in there too since he loves them so much and of course, a special note that said, "I love you Hunter! Love, Mom See you soon!"

He told me on the way to school that he was a little nervous about meeting new kids. I reassured him that all the other kids were feeling the same way he was and that I was sure he would make friends easily. He said, "Maybe I'll even make friends on the first day!"


The drop-off went very smoothly. We all assembled in the gymnasium and he was able to meet his teacher (Mrs. Stanioch) there. He insisted on bringing her a quarter. She took it and acted very excited to receive it. She said, "What's this for? It must be for good luck! We're going to have a great year!"

I wasn't emotional until I got home to an "empty" house. Hanging out with *just* the twins today. I miss my little BIG guy already.

I *only* took 43 pictures to mark the occasion. No joke. Kindergarten is BIG TIME. Never thought I'd be saying that.

1 comment: