Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby scare

Today the doctor's office called and told me that my blood results were in and my HCG and Progesterone levels were low. My HCG should have doubled from 7,000 to 14,000 and it was at 10,000 and my progesterone level went from 21 to 15 and the doctor likes to see it at around 20. They asked me if I could come in asap for an ultrasound. I panicked. I called my brother to have him come over to watch the kids and headed in. Dr. Schell was tied up with a patient until almost 11 a.m. and that almost killed me! My mind was in overdrive thinking every possible bad thought.

Once she was able to see me she got down to business right away and informed me that there was a heartbeat (only one THANK GOD!) and that that reassures her that things are progressing normally. She said that the HCG level could have been low because I took the test at barely 48 hours after the first blood work was done and it should have been taken between 48 and 72 hours. I rushed it because John had off yesterday and I didn't want to lug three kids to get another blood draw today while he is at work. I squeezed an appointment in right before they closed. She has put me on a progesterone suppository nightly to increase that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment