Friday, April 15, 2011

Hunter's tooth

When my brother and all the boys picked me up from school yesterday Hunter said, "Mom, look!" and opened his mouth so I could take a peek at the tooth that has been loose for probably a month now, which was hanging by one tiny thread all twisted and crooked. It looked like it could fall out at any second. He has been trying to avoid the inevitable and hold onto this tooth for as long as he possibly can (just as he did with his first loose tooth). He is so funny! John even offered to up the ante a few weeks ago and offered him MORE than the tooth fairy's going rate if he would just pull it out himself. He considered it for a long time but decided against it, which was why I was surprised to see that when we got home he actually tried to pull it out himself for a while. He wasn't having any luck getting a good grip on it though and so I suggested an apple. He went for the idea and low and behold...it came out. So he has officially lost his second tooth and has a gaping hole in the bottom front row of teeth, which I think looks so cute. Last night before bed when we were getting the tooth ready in his "Twinkle Toof" and setting it in place for the tooth fairy he told me, "I hope I'm awake when she comes so I can see her. Then I'll know for sure if she's live or fake."

No comments:

Post a Comment