Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Tradition

 
We have a tradition to bowl on New Year's Eve with the kids and many of our friends with their kids.  The kids really look forward to this day.  What kid doesn't like bowling?  And then to add in beads and party hats?  Excitement for everyone!  This year "Auntie" Becky suggested we all dress the kids up in "crazy clothes" for some added fun.  Our kids (especially Hunter) don't particularly like dressing any way other than normal everyday clothing but they did agree to do crazy hair.  And Greyson is at the fun age where you can do anything to him and he's oblivious so he definitely played along (and was the hit of the bowling alley).  At one point in the night I put in our order for dinner at the counter and the lady working asked, "Which lane are you on?"  I said, "Ummm...I'm not sure...(looking around) it's that one with the mohawk baby."  She excitedly replied with a big smile, "Ooo!  We love the mohawk baby!"

The boys (all except Greyson) enjoyed their very first kiddie cocktail.  When I asked Tyler and Brody what they thought of it they both said, "It's good but a little spicy."  It was their first soda of any type so I'm sure they were referring to the carbonation.  I wish I had gottten their first sip on video because it was pretty funny!  But they kept going back for more so I guess it wasn't too spicy!

Unfortunately Hunter wasn't feeling his best so we didn't extend the festivities afterward at the Gunville household.  We ate a pizza dinner at the bowling alley and headed home for an early night.  I'm not so sure they would have lasted much longer anyway, especially our littlest little rock star.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment