Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Big Boy Bed

Our boys are so lucky to have a Noni that works so beautifully with wood.  He has made every one of them their own "big boy beds" as well as matching dressers.  Hunter even got his own matching night stand.  He has filled our home with beautiful furniture and we are so blessed for it.  Greyson got his big boy bed this past Sunday and he is so excited about it.  He has been asking when he could have it and telling us that he doesn't like his crib anymore.  Dean has had the bed made for months but we hadn't ordered the mattress yet and I'll admit it was mostly because I wasn't emotionally ready for that step.  The crib was the last "baby" item still in use in our house.  Gone were the bottles, the sippy cups, the changing table, the diapers, the teethers, the baby food...everything but the crib.  Given the choice I don't think I'd ever be ready to willingly allow my babies to grow up so fast, especially my last.  But he was ready so I had to be ready to.  He loves his new bed so much.  He tells me so every day.  "I like my new big boy bed!"  I asked if he thought I could fit on there to snuggle him for his nap but he told me, "no."  I guess I was too big.  Maybe he'll change his mind one of these days.  On the way out of his room I looked at him as I always do when I close his door and I saw the rocker.  I think that qualifies as a baby item and we still snuggle there for story time so it's all good for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment