Friday, April 17, 2015

Lasts

I just tucked my "baby" into his crib for nap time for the very last time and immediately broke into tears as I left the room.  I know he is already 3 and a half years old and most parents move their children out of their cribs at a much younger age but I never have liked to.  I have such a hard time with "lasts."  The last time I nursed, the last time I fed them baby food, the last diaper...ok now let's not get carried away.  I wasn't too crushed about that one!  But in all seriousness I am pretty broken up about this.  My last baby is getting too big too fast.  I want to hold on to him yet I know how excited he will be to get his new bed.  He has been telling me lately in a very gruff 3 year old way that, "I don't like my crib.  I'm a big boy and I want my big boy bed!"  It will be exciting and I will love seeing the joy in his face but it's so hard for me to think that I will have to wait to be a grandmother before I lay another child down in that crib.  I'm not ready but it doesn't matter.  He is and I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment