Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies for Santa

Tonight John made some cookies so we had some to put on Santa's plate. (This year we did not bake hardly anything.) Before bathtime Hunter and I started to prepare it together. I ran upstairs for a minute and came down to see Hunter had stacked five cookies for Santa and he was pouring the milk all by himself. I said, "Oh, ya gettin' the milk ready for Santa?" and he said, "yep...I'm givin' him lots because it's good for him!" I said, "Let's not forget the reindeer!" and started to get the celery out of the fridge and he said, "Actually, Rudolph likes carrots so you can give the rest celery but put some carrots on the plate." This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. There are so many that I cherish but this one is so simple and sweet. I still remember doing it as a child and being so excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment