Monday, December 27, 2010

Hunter's gift

Hunter brought home a wrapped gift for John and I on the last day of school but told us we couldn't open it until Christmas. He also mentioned it was breakable so we did not put it under the tree for fear that the babies would get at it. Instead we put it safely up on top of the built-in stereo next to the couch. On Christmas day we didn't think to look up there and I actually forgot it was there until this evening. I remembered at about 4 p.m. and here is how my conversation went with Hunter right after I found this last unopened gift:

Me: "Oh my gosh! We forgot to open your gift from school!"
Hunter: "Open it!"
Me: "Daddy isn't home work yet. We have to wait for him to be here too!"
Hunter: "I'll give you a hint. It starts with an 'o'."
Me: (Thinking in my head that of course it is an ornament but I didn't want to guess it in front of him and ruin the surprise.) "Is it an owl?"
Hunter: "No."
Me: "Is it an octopus?"
Hunter: "No."
Me: "Is it an orangutang?"
Hunter: "No."
Me: (Now out of all "o" words.) "Is it an 'oogoo boogoo'?"
Hunter: "Ummm...that starts with a 'u'....and that's not even a word!"
Me: (Now laughing so hard I can't guess anymore.)
Hunter: "Mom...look at the front and that will give you a detail of what's inside."

I kept going with the "oogoo boogoo" idea. He must think I am so dumb but sometimes it's so much fun to play stupid.

1 comment: