Thursday, January 13, 2011

SUPER late Thanksgiving post

I know this is months and months late but it's been weighing on me that I never even wrote about Thanksgiving (or Christmas or New Year's for that matter...stay tuned!).
This year we hosted and it was really great! We definitely had a house full of people! Grammie (my mom) came to visit from Arizona and so I had a lot of help with the boys so I could be in the kitchen most of the day preparing. We also had Noni and Nona, Uncle Hank, and Uncle Mark for dinner and some of John's friends come for dessert. The food turned out yummy and everyone had a great time!

It was great having my Mom here. The boys loved it, especially Hunter since he is old enough to know that when Grammie visits it means LOTS of attention and game-playing! He had been looking forward to her coming for at least a month beforehand. We all had a great time together. She was able to volunteer in his classroom and enjoyed seeing what a typical day in his Kindergarten room was like. She was asked not to help the children spell any words because the teacher is working on getting them to sound things out on their own. One little boy asked her how to spell something and naughty Grammie whispered the answer to him. Mrs. Stanioch came over later and saw "his" work and was very impressed saying, "Very good sounding out Elijah!" When my Mom retold the story to me later she said, "Well, what's the worst thing that will happen? She'll think highly of him and give him a little extra confidence!" The children really enjoyed having her visit in their classroom. At the end of her time there a little boy named Matthew told her, "I love you Grammie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment