Monday, December 21, 2009

6 month-appointment

Oops! Forgot to write about Tyler and Brody's 6-month appointment. Wow...two blogs in one day! I'm impressed with myself!

They had their appointment last week Thursday and are both 26.5 inches long (50%). Brody is 15 lbs. 9 oz. (10-25%) and Tyler is 15 lbs. 1.5 oz. (10%). I'm a little worried about their weights being so low but we just started solids a few weeks ago and I'm increasing how often they are getting them from once a day to twice. So far I have to admit that I don't like this change even though I know it is necessary for their development. They can't just survive on breast milk alone forever. I feed them both at the same time, a spoonful for Brody, a spoonful for Tyler. Tyler will cry while I am giving Brody his spoonful and Brody will cry while I'm feeding Tyler. They are so impatient and it's so stressful! I can't get the food to them fast enough apparently. I might have to start feeding them separately for my peace of mind. Although, when I did try this once whomever was left to eat second was too tired by the time I got to him that he wasn't interested and cried anyway! It's challenging. I'm open to any suggestions...comment here please! Their Pediatrician didn't seem alarmed by their weights (probably because they are twins and have some catching up to do) so I guess I shouldn't be either but it's quite the change from Hunter's well-baby visits. He was always off the charts with height and weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment