Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Year

It was one year ago yesterday that I was admitted to the hospital on bedrest. I drove by the Pavilion yesterday on my way home from work thinking about what I was feeling at this time last year. I had so much anxiety and uneasiness over our situation. I was constantly worrying what would become of our little guys. I kissed them an extra 100 times so far today so thankful to have them in my life, healthy and strong! They are such a blessing and I am honored to be given the experience to be their mother.
It's coincidental that today I got a message on Facebook (that was sent yesterday) from one of the nurses who took care of me while I was in the hospital. I am sure I have mentioned her before in posts from a year or so ago. Her name is Tonia and she was Hunter's favorite nurse because she took the time to show him all of the equipment in the room and how everything worked. She was also the nurse who came in on her birthday (and day off) to take pictures for me and be there for the birth of the twins. I haven't seen or talked to her since the boys were in the NICU and out of the blue she found me on FB. She said that she thought of me a few weeks ago because they had another set of mono-mono twins born at the hospital. I hope to stay in touch with her. Hunter mentioned her by name a few weeks ago so I'm sure he'd love to see her again too! I was amazed at his memory but I guess that was a pretty big event in his life, even if he was only just three years old at the time (almost four).

No comments:

Post a Comment