Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting places

Tyler is officially getting places while crawling. Granted, it takes him a LONG time because he makes little baby movements and is very careful while moving but he's moving nonetheless. He also pulls himself to a standing position while holding onto things and is pretty sturdy while doing so. He surprised me when he did this for the first time about a week ago. I left him near a footlocker-type trunk in our living room in a seated position and went to help Hunter with something in another room. When I came back a few minutes later, there he was, standing up all by himself! I think a mother will always remember this moment. I know I remember the first time Hunter did this too. He was in his crib with a very accomplished look on his face as if he were saying, "Look what I can do Mom!!"

Brody has started shaking his head back and forth like he's saying "no" although he doesn't equate the meaning to the motion. In other words, he does it all of the time just for fun. It's super cute because he usually begins by waving, then starts clapping and finally shakes his head all in a row. He really likes showing off his skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment