Monday, June 8, 2009

8 weeks today

I have been in the hospital for 8 weeks now. Have I mentioned that I'm ready to go home? Five days to go!!

My friend Kim gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Annalee last night at 1 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. I was able to visit her several times yesterday while she was waiting to dilate. My nurses allowed me to go up today to meet her (Annalee) sans wheelchair which was so liberating! It was so nice to actually walk down the hallway and onto the elevator by my own power to get to their room. She is a precious little bundle and it was so much fun to hold her! Hunter and John came to visit tonight and we took another trip up there so they could meet the baby too.

My friend Mo came by to visit tonight as well. She spent several hours here chatting with me so the time passed by very quickly tonight.

My platelets were 69K today. The BPP was normal, both babies were practicing their breathing right away. I was weighed and have gained 48 lbs. total so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment