Sunday, June 14, 2009

Meds for Brody

I just got back from the NICU and both boys were sleeping on their sides. Their nurse told me that we can't hold them yet. We might be able to hold Tyler at his 4 p.m. "care time" depending on his blood gases whatever that means. John will be here by then so that will be nice for support. NICU-land is very foreign to me and sad. The nurses give me all of this medical information that I don't understand. I can't help but cry when I see them like that with all those machines sustaining their lives. I hope they get better soon. Brody is on Dopamine to keep his blood pressure up because he is unable to maintain it by himself. She said this is unusual for "big 34 weekers." Also, they told me that they had to give him Morphine yesterday because he was flailing around and not calm (a sign of pain) but his nurse said he is much better today. I'll keep updating as I get more information.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, you & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, we're praying for Brody and Tyler. We love you so much. Stay strong! Can't wait to meet the boys :) Love Mo and Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Julie, Jon and Hunter! We are praying for you guys and the boys. :)

    Love, Flo, Duvy, Bella and Sam

    ReplyDelete