Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Discharged!!!

Today I got to go home!! I can't tell you how much fun it was just riding in the car on the way home, let alone walk in the door and around the garden. It was thrilling!

This morning before leaving the hospital I visited the boys for their two morning care times (7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.). They had their pulse ox removed off of their feet (glowing red thing that measures the oxygenation saturation in their blood). They had to keep this on for a minimum of 24 hours after the removal of any device used for breathing assistance.

Tyler is still under his bilirubin lights.

I got to snuggle both boys twice today, once for the morning feeding and once this evening at their 7:30 p.m. care time.

Both boys got their first baths tonight. I went back to the hospital to witness this and help. They didn't like it AT ALL. Preemies don't like to be touched much and that washcloth must not have felt too good to them. They cried the entire time until the nurse washed their hair. They liked that part and calmed down. She even combed their hair and parted it to the side. It was cute.

The nurse mentioned that they are weaning the boys off of their incubators by lowering the temperature inside gradually to meet the temperature of the NICU room air. They will then be moved to a "crib" (more like a hospital cart bassinet). I'm not sure how long it will take for this to happen.

Hunter and I had so much fun together at home today. We played games and he showed me his new dance moves. John told me that when they were preparing to leave the house this morning he went and got my car and house keys and brought them to John and said, "I've got Mommy's stuff!" He enjoyed pushing the cart of all of my belongings at the hospital out to the car. It's great to be home!

1 comment: