Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big boy beds!

I went to visit the boys at 1:30 p.m. today and they were both in hospital bassinets. No more incubators!! They are maintaining their body temperatures nicely so far. They are also getting weaned from their caffeine doses. I was able to try and get them to breastfeed today. Tyler is a little better at it than Brody but both boys are mostly just experimenting and not really taking in a lot of milk. The nurse supplements with a tube feeding of expressed breastmilk after they try for like 15 minutes. The boys are opening their eyes more and more lately. Brody was smiling at me a bunch tonight while I was talking and singing to him during mom-time. I got to hold them for an hour each tonight when I went back to visit them around 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment