Saturday, April 25, 2009

27 weeks today!

We made it to 27 weeks! Yay!

A phlebotomist woke me at 5:30 a.m. to draw some blood this morning. Having a needle stuck in my arm is not my ideal way to start the day. She told me that they actually start drawing blood from hospital patients at 4 a.m. because the doctors want those results first thing in the morning. Should I consider myself lucky that I got an extra hour and a half before being disturbed?

The babies have now moved into a breech position (heads up, bottoms down) with A on my right and B on my left, facing each other. The sonographers always laugh when they how active they are in there. That's how Hunter was too when I was pregnant with him so I guess I'm just used to LOTS of movement. Both babies scored 8/8 again on their BPP (ultrasound). Their "breathing" was very easy to see today.

Keem came to visit this morning. She had a class at the hospital she was coming for so she came early to visit. She brought me a big glass jar full of fortune cookies (my fave), one for each day until I reach 32 weeks. That was a super sweet idea. I already ate my first fortune and it said, "You will be made happy by a handsome gift." She is pregnant as well with a girl and is due right around my birthday (June 12th). With our twins coming so early they might all be born around the same time. That would mean we'd have to make it to 34 weeks, which would be sooooo great! Our friend Shelly had a boy a few weeks ago too. We were in the hospital at the same time and were calling each other's rooms and one time she said to me, "I feel like we're in the dorms again!" It was pretty funny. It will be so nice to have all of these babies so close in age so they can all play together.

The babies were doing very well on the monitors this morning. Their heart rates were sounding pretty normal, a few skips for A but staying around 140-150 so that's good.

It's rainy today. I don't feel too bad about being stuck in this hospital room on days when the weather is crummy. Yesterday it was killing me because it was 80 degrees and sunny. I'm glad I'm stuck here in the Spring and not the Summer. John did come to visit yesterday and wheeled me outside for 45 minutes or so. It was really nice to enjoy that weather and get some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment