Wednesday, April 15, 2009

End of 3rd day

This afternoon Baby A's heartbeat was regular for the entire hour we monitored. That was exciting! Then this evening at our monitoring session we discovered that the babies have switched positions because where Baby A was the heartbeat was very normal and where Baby B was now had an irregular heartbeat. They were moving all over the place and it was hard to track their heartbeats.

I'm having contractions again but nothing major and nothing that I'm actually feeling. They gave me fluids to try to keep them under control and the IV must have slipped out of my vein. I felt a stinging sensation and looked down and from my wrist to the middle of my forearm was blown up like a balloon. They had to take that IV out and get me a new one in a different location. I look like I've been using street drugs from the IV's and all the blood they've drawn. Several hours later, my arm is now back to its normal size. I think my IV was going to need to be changed tomorrow anyway.

My glucose test came back negative so I don't have to worry about having gestational diabetes anymore.

I forgot to mention that the other day they told us that Baby A weighs 1 lb. 14 oz. and Baby B weighs 1 lb. 12 oz. Those are good sizes for their gestational age.

They've moved me out of Labor & Delivery and into a new (much smaller) room on the 3rd floor in antepartem. I guess they consider me pretty stable since I'm further from the OR now.

No comments:

Post a Comment