Friday, April 24, 2009

Moving like crazy!

I was having regular contractions again last night before bedtime that were spaced a few minutes apart. My nurse was mentioning the dreaded "t" word (terbutaline). I started drinking water like mad because sometimes you contract if you are dehydrated. I do not like that shot at all. It makes me very shaky and my heart races. She called Dr. Schell at midnight and she said since I wasn't in pain just to let it be. This morning they are gone again.

This morning at my ultrasound we discovered that both babies have moved from a head down position to transverse (sideways). Their heads are still both together and are now located on my right side. Baby A is on top (closer to my rib cage) facing my spine and Baby B is down below (closer to my cervix) and facing his brother (up). Their new locations made it dificult to find them on the monitors this morning. I didn't feel any out-of-the-ordinary movement last night. I guess I just slept through it.

I mentioned to the sonographer that I'm worried about Baby A not getting sufficient oxygen when his heart rate drops low. She told me that when the heart stops functioning properly that fluid will accumulate around it as well as other organs. That is one thing they are watching for at my daily ultrasound. We haven't seen anything like that so that puts me a little more at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment