Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday update

Yesterday was uneventful (which is how we'd like it to stay) so I didn't post an update.

The babies are the same today too...poor little A with his little slow irregular heartbeat. It worries me so much to hear it on the monitors. I asked my doctor (who was here until midnight with me last night just keeping me company for over an hour) if she thought that this slow heartbeat would cause developmental problems and she said that any problems like growth delays or anemia/swelling would show up on ultrasound. Today's ultrasound showed that both babies are practicing breathing and were moving around quite a bit, which are both great signs.

The nurse who has been with me all day today is the same nurse that helped deliver Hunter almost four years ago. She is the sweetest nurse ever and remembered me right away and gave me a big hug this morning when I woke up. She said she has been checking all the new patient lists for a while now thinking that I'd be back with Baby #2 soon. She told me she was excited to see we were having twins but then sad to see that they were monoamniotic because she "knew I'd be able to put anything through me" after Hunter. Monoamniotic twins are always delivered c-section due to the high-risk factor of delivering traditionally with the way the cords are.

John and Hunter visited today and Hunter brought some pictures he drew for me, one of which was of the twins heartbeats. He showed me by pointing and saying "This is Twin A and this is Twin B." So cute! I'll definitely be scrapbooking that one!!

Speaking of which...my scrapbooking friends came to keep me company and watch American Idol tonight. They pretty much took over the place by moving furniture around and everything. It was great! Made me feel like a regular person for a while instead of just a patient. Thanks Elise, Kim, Sarahbeth & Raven! Mo...we'll catch up soon. Thanks for not bringing me strep. Hope you feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment