Monday, May 4, 2009

3 weeks inpatient

Well, I've survived being here for three whole weeks. I can't imagine up to six more but I'll do what it takes to give our twins the easiest time possible recovering from prematurity. When asked what the plan is as far as the date they will be born if everything continues as it has been my doctor said they'd like to see me make it to 32 weeks (May 30th) and we'll see how it goes day by day after that. If they see any erratic behavior at that time they will schedule a c-section but if the babies are not looking distressed in any way they may allow me to deliver at 34 weeks (June 13th-a day after my birthday!). It doesn't sound like I will be permitted to carry the pregnancy later than that. I guess the risk of "cord accidents" heightens significantly after 34 weeks. The boys are doing well today and are still in the same position. Both got 8/8 again on their BPP and monitored well this morning.

John has been visiting daily and took me on an outside adventure the last two days to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine (and when I say "adventure" I mean sitting out on the patio in a wheelchair). I don't think I'll get out today though as he is working all day and then driving to Madison to pick up Hunter. They will visit later on tonight and I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't seen Hunter since last week Thursday. He has been emailing me daily though with updates on his time at Noni and Nona's. It sounds like they are having lots of fun. He wrote me yesterday saying that they "played records...like 10,000 of them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment