Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hydramnios

Yesterday was non-eventful so I didn't post. I watched a few movies (thanks Bourquin) and scrapbooked a bit. The babies were the same until the p.m. monitoring when they "fell off" the monitors and my nurse found their heart beats in completely different locations than before. It didn't come as a surprise then at my ultrasound today that they had shifted positions again. This time it was pretty minor. They kind of shifted about 10 minutes clockwise, both still head down for the most part and they're still on the same sides with B is super low (they say "presenting" which means that B is closest to my cervix). John said that B is just tired of being called B and wants to be "first" (the baby that is presenting will automatically be born first and thus will be called Baby A).

Apparently I have a mild case of hydramnios (sometimes called polyhydramnios) which means that I have an excess of amniotic fluid. This could be caused by a number of different things but right now they are not worried about it because it's not a severe case by any means. I guess it's just something they will continue to watch and hope that it doesn't get worse. I read on the internet that it occurs in 3-4% of all pregnancies. I'm wondering what other rare things are going to show up during this pregnancy. I also read that, "Hydramnios may also occur during perfectly healthy multiple pregnancies." That puts my mind at ease.

John and Hunter came to visit tonight. We all had dinner together and then Hunter and I took a bath in the giant whirlpool tub. He had SO much fun. The giggling was endless as he swam all over the place playing with the jets and going underwater. It made me so happy to see him having such a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Ah.........this brings back memories. My babies changed positions up until delivery. Wishing you a great rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete