Sunday, May 31, 2009

Outside and NICU tour

Today has been such a great day so far!

John took me outside and the weather was absolutely gorgeous! It was so sunny and warm. I think it's the best weather I've had the opportunity to enjoy since I arrived at the hospital. I was actually getting a little pink and I was only out for maybe 20 minutes. I guess the lack of exposure to the sun has made me extra sensitive.

John came over last night too and brought Maggiano's for dinner (much thanks to Angela, the General Manager for comping our meal) and we ate outside but it was a little breezy and cool. It was much nicer today. John was so cute bringing a candle that he lit to make it more special. Too bad the wind kept blowing it out!

One of the nurses, Tonya, brought us into the NICU so we could see some of the premies to prepare us as much as possible for what's to come. She brought me over several days ago but John hadn't been yet. Those babies are unbelievably tiny. The little girl we saw today was only 3 lbs. and her arm was about as big around as a small hot dog.

My platelets are up to 83K!! I cannot believe that! They just keep going up and up and I am so thrilled about it!

Our babies will be born in less than two weeks now and I CANNOT WAIT!!! This has been such a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment