Monday, May 18, 2009

Surprise!

Today I got a super BIG surprise when my dad (who lives in Florida) walked through my door with flowers in hand! He hadn't told anyone he was coming so I was just floored. I haven't seen him in about two years so it was really great to spend that time with him. Our visit got interrupted by my ultrasound appointment so he came back later in the evening with my step-mom. John and Hunter had arrived at the same time. It was super cute to see Hunter show off for them. He kept saying, "Grandpa watch this!" followed by one of his "maneuvers."

The babies are looking great today. A has had an arrhythmia since I was admitted five weeks ago but today it seemed scarcer than normal.

The BPP went fine today as well. B took some time to show he was practicing "breathing" but eventually came around. That's unusual for him. Normally it's A who takes his time to show us this skill. A showed us right away today.

Dr. Schell told me that my platelets have now dropped to 71,000 according to the results of the last blood draw. That means they have dropped by 4,000 in two days. Hopefully that pace doesn't keep up because I really do not want another round of steroids nor do I wish to have a platelet transfusion at the time of my c-section. Positive thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment