Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Visitor night

Tuesdays always go by quickly for me because it's my biggest visitor night. John and Hunter came around 4:30 p.m. and as I was finishing up monitoring Hunter was keeping my nurse busy by asking all kinds of questions about different equipment in my room (again). He was fascinated with the labor lights in the ceiling tonight. He was having a ball controlling them. He was also asking about the monitors themselves and Tanya (nurse) told him she could put one on his heart so he could listen to it beat. Hunter backed away and said, "Oh, gosh no. Not today." We took another bath in the whirlpool tub and that was super fun. John picked up Thai food for dinner. Yum!

Dr. Schell was here waiting when I finished taking my bath and Hunter decided to be a little exhibitionist for a bit. He was having a blast dancing on the bed and running around the room naked.

The doctor who has been tracking my platelets also came to my room this evening in order to update me on that front. She said that my platelet count right now is 78,000 (normal is above 150,000). She said that if I delivered right now that this count would be fine to get me through the c-section. If it drops below 50,000 they would want to give me steroids and a possible platelet transfusion at the time of surgery. Let's hope we don't need to cross that bridge. She suspects I have an immune disorder that runs in my family called ITP. My sister had it when she was 4 years old. I've never been tested for it before and didn't have any trouble with excess bleeding when I delivered Hunter so I'm not sure what to make of the news.

My scrapbooking friends came over (Elise, Sarahbeth, Kim and Raven) to watch Idol tonight. Thanks guys for making the effort to see me! I know it's no fun to watch it on a small hospital t.v. with bad sound but I appreciate it so much that you come anyway to keep me company. You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. He loves to run around naked!! lol ...he's a free spirit :)

    ReplyDelete