Friday, May 15, 2009

Humane Society

I wasn't able to post last night due to a virus on my laptop. Luckily my Geek Squad hookup (John) assisted me with fixing the problem and I'm back online.

Yesterday was a busy day. My friend Erin and her son Jacob came to visit in the morning. Then Hunter and John came for lunch before heading off to Madison. We were lucky enough to have been informed by our nurse that The Humane Society was visiting in the lobby of the hospital with some of their animals, some of which were therapy dogs. We went down to check it out and Hunter really enjoyed it, despite his great fear of dogs. There was a Newfoundland that looked like a small bear. Hunter thought it was pretty funny (from a distance). We also got to see a brand new kitten and Hunter was able to pet a guinea pig.

Last night my friend Sara came to visit as well. I decided to paint my nails while we were hanging out and was having trouble reaching my toes with this big belly of mine, so she offered to do it for me. Such a sweetheart!

A surgical tech named Lisa surprised me with a pint of Kopp's frozen custard last night. I see her pretty often even though she isn't one of my nurses. She assists doctors with c-sections and I'm hoping she's the surgical tech on duty for when I have mine. She is so nice! She has twins too so she's been giving me tips on what to expect.

The monitoring went well yesterday and so far today they look great too! My ultrasound showed both babies practicing breathing and they scored 8/8 today, like always. I had a little extra amniotic fluid but nothing alarmingly high.

No comments:

Post a Comment